Text Replacement for Faster Responses

Text replacements are not a new concept, but maybe you haven't ever tried integrating them into your feedback or emails to students and parents.  And while copying and pasting text does the same thing, this is one less step for quick responses.



I use text replacement on my phone as well as on my Macbook for phrases that I type constantly.  For example, students are asked to reply to my automated overdue book email to ask to renew their book, so instead of typing the same response over and over, I use text replacement.  

To add  text replacement:

  1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click Keyboard, then click Text.

  2. Click the Add button  in the lower left, then type the text to replace (such as teh) in the Replace column, and its replacement (such as the) in the With column.


I use the text replacement "techtip" for my this blog website so I do not have to go to the URL, copy and then paste it into my Hills Happenings update.  When I type my text replacement, it automatically pops up with my shortcut.  You can always click the little x if you don't want it to replace at that time.

My husband and I also text each other every time we are headed home with "En route".  I just have to type "en" on my phone and it will automatically complete "En route" to send to him.

I could see this being useful for frequent phrases you use during feedback sessions, or with emails to parents regarding missing assignments or positive shout outs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Insert Learning

Classroom Screen: Widgets Galore!

Readsy